Friday, February 4, 2011

A Bottle Nose Dolphin and the difference between Major and Minor Tarot Cards.

After John Ballantrae's Tarot for 21st Century show Monday night Blog Talk Radio, the question on the difference between major and minor cards came up, so I shuffled and drew two cards one for the major: The Magician reversed and the other for the minor: Ace Wands upright.

Tuesday I spent most of the day writing pages and pages of information on each card, there was some good stuff in my writing but not easy to digest it was all a confusing mess really, this tussle continued within my mind throughout that day and the next.

Wednesday afternoon I was walking along the south cliffs with a friends dog, I glanced out to sea and I spotted a Dolphin, for three minutes I was entranced, he was beautiful, playful, charming, graceful and free. Suddenly he was gone... within seconds the mist rolled in, did he sense this change, perhaps? At that moment I became The Fool I really wanted to climb down the cliff edge, just incase I could get another moment or two and enjoy him a little longer, however, I know my trusty companion would not of followed me, sensing the danger he would of signaled his distress.

I lingered for a moment and walked on........major cards are about change and minor cards are about choices, ok that feels alright to me, I felt as light as a feather.

Thursday night John Ballantrae's show helped enormously, I felt I was completing a circle.

Major cards..... are shaped round in the manner of things eternal and stable, Sun, World, God.

Minor cards.....  things which lead us to ends, arrows, road, mans life on earth.

I value and love the Tarot.

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment